Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Feta and Spinach Pine Nut Rolls - Who wants Kings Cake now?

So earlier this March I had the opportunity to stop in New Orleans by way of Birmingham and Hattiesburg on my way back to Austin, accompanying Megan back from Atlanta, and I thought it would be a good plan to make her favorite bread to snack on during the car ride back. I have made the Feta Spinach Pine Nut bread before, but it was as a twist.  This time I decided to do them / it as rolls


 



Well we eventually arrived back in Austin, but it was a good thing we had those rolls (and Megan's excellent collection of assorted Trader Joes snacks...) because crossing into New Orleans we hit literally a wall of water. No, the levies were still up, but the sky dumped rain down so hard we had to put on the emergency lights like all the other drivers in order to see, regular lights were actually impossible to see without the flashing...after that, and after a crazy night in New Orleans, we were stuck in hours of extra traffic thanks to TxDOT deciding to close a key bridge on I-10 near Beaumont down to 1 fricking lane the Sunday before Mardi Gras.  But we had our food and our bread so no one got too cranky.

On a side note:  bought a box of beignet mix after my trip to Cafe DuMonde.

Not Shown - side of insulin.




No comments:

Post a Comment