Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Delicious Spiral: Pecan Chocolate Bread

So this past Saturday the weather in Austin was perfect, Megan was in Vegas, and we (roommates) were recovering from Friday's Brews Brothers (http://scotchbourbonbeer.blogspot.com/p/brews-brothers.html) Extreme Beer theme...which means it was time to grill out.  We had a couple of leftover beers, grilled up some chicken, bell peppers, some "corn" (You know they call corn-on-the-cob "corn-on-the-cob" right? But that's how it comes out of the ground, man. They should call that "corn." They should call every other version "corn-off-the-cob." It's not like if you cut off my arm you would call my arm "Mitch." But then reattach it and call it "Mitch-all-together!" - the late Mitch Hedberg)....and I decided to cook up a new bread recipe.  I looked in my baking pantry (yes, I have one just for baking stuff) and I had pecans, I had nestle chocolate chunks. I had the recipe. Boom! Pecan Chocolate bread.  Kevin was double-fisting it.  He was very hungry.




...now seriously considering how to combine my law degree and breadmaking to make a living...

Advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment